Astre- Elven Wizard from Fey Gate
- Sharp Eyes
- Styled hair
- Thin Body
- Damage- 1d4
- Armor- 0
- HP- 13/17
Neutral- “Discover something about a magical mystery.”
Elf- Magic is natural as breath to you. ‘Detect Magic’ is a cantrip for you.
Bonds, Quests, and Stakes:
- Bond: Eldara was frightened by Magic’s potential. I don’t share his fear.
- Bond: I look up to Thistlin. I believe he can help me learn the ways of the forest.
- Stake: Some say time doesn’t flow naturally and that a person can get lost in the wonders of the Fey Wild. I wonder if this is true.
- Stake: What attacked the caravan on the way to Marikest and why?
- Stake: I must learn more about the power of Pandec.
- Quest: I must deliver the ‘Speaking Stone’ Thistlin gave me to Marikest.
- Quest: As per my deal with Death, I must ‘undo Aldaric’s error’ and ‘prevent the long winter’… what ever that means.
- Quest: I’m supposed to learn the Mirror Image spell to appease Eldara.
- Quest: I found a magnificent bow in my travels. I must seek training to use it.
Starting and Advanced Moves:
- Spellbook: You have mastered several spells and inscribed them in your spellbook. You start out with three first level spells in your spell book as well as the cantrips. Whenever you gain a level, you add a new spell of your level or lower to your spellbook. Your spell book is 1 weight.
- Prepare Spells: When you spend uninterrupted time (an hour or so) in quiet contemplation of your spell book, you:
- Lose any spells you already have prepared.
- Prepare new spells of your choice from your spellbook whose total levels don’t exceed your own level +1.
- Prepare your cantrips which never count against your limit.
- Cast a spell (INT) When you release a spell you’ve prepared, roll +INT. On a 10+, the spell is successfully cast and you do not forget the spell- you can cast it again later. On a 7-9, the spell is cast, but choose one:
- You draw unwelcome attention to yourself, or put yourself in a spot. The GM will tell you how.
- The spell disturbs the fabric of reality as it is cast.- Take -1 ongoing to Cast a spell until the next time you Prepare Spells.
- After it is cast, the spell is forgotten. You can not cast the spell again until you Prepare Spells.
Note that maintaining spells with ongoing effects will sometimes cause a penalty to your roll to cast a spell.
- Spell Defense You may end any ongoing spell immediately and use the energy of its dissipation to deflect an oncoming attack. The spell ends and you subtract its level from the damage done to you.
- Ritual When you draw on a place of power to create a magical effect, tell the GM what you’re trying to achieve. Ritual effects are always possible, but the GM will give you one to four of the following conditions:
- It’s going to take days/weeks/months.
- You must first ____.
- You’ll need help from ____.
- It will require a lot of money.
- The best you can do is a lesser version, unreliable and limited.
- You and your allies will risk danger from ____.
- You’ll have to disenchant _____ to do it.
- Basic Moves
- Expanded Spellbook – Add a new spell from the list of any class to your spellbook.
- Cure Light Wounds from the Cleric spell list.
- Bag of Books (5 uses, 2 weight)
- 2 Healing Potions
- A Staff (Close, two handed, 1 weight)
- A Druid’s Sickle (Hand, Piercing, 1 weight)
- A Fey Step Ring
- 3 Dungeon Rations (11 uses, 3 weight)
- Eladrin Bow and Arrows (Near, Far, 4 ammo, 2 weight)
- 1 Bolt of Eladrin Silk (1 weight)
- Level 0 (Cantrips)
- Unseen Servant
- Detect Magic
- Level 1
- Cure Light Wounds
- Charm Person
- Magic Missle